Thursday, May 28, 2009

Easter on the Ranch

The girls in their Easter dresses

I know this blog is slightly late... okay more than slightly but I thought I'd do it anyway. Sometimes late is better than never... I think.

Easter weekend was really a blast. It is always so much fun to have the kids and Bailey and MoMo here even if for just a couple of days.

We had the traditional Easter Egg hunt on Sat. with only a slight variation. Heather brought hollowed out eggs filled with confetti as well as the usual candy filled plastic eggs. As you can well imagine, the confetti eggs were a huge hit( and I mean that literally) with everyone but Grandpa who had to clean up the confetti that was literally everywhere. Morgan and Bailey had no trouble getting into the spirit of cracking a confetti egg over someone's head and watching the confetti rain down like .... well rain. It was in our hair, ears, down our shirts... well you get the general idea. Even the dogs had confetti on them!
Heather helps MoMo treat
PaPa to a "Crack-a-lackin"

NO one escaped being sabotaged from a sneaky, egg-holding child or adult for that matter.


Morgan cracking an egg
over her own head


In the middle of all this egg smashing, Christie and her friend Melissa drove in and were subsequently attacked with confetti filled eggs. They quickly got into the fray and helped the little girls give Eric his just reward. Even Rick was seen to squat down and let one of the little girls smack him over the head with and egg and then watch as they doubled-over with giggles. Once we had as much fun with that activity as one family could have we came in, cleaned up (or at least made an attempt) and all piled into the cars to head off to a restaurant for dinner to celebrate Rick and Eric's birthdays.

Bailey has a willing victim

I think it was several days before we finally got all the confetti out of our hair but we will have the memories of our crazy Easter egg hunt for a long time to come.

Again, thank you Kira Rose for all the help!

No comments: